1959 Gibson Les Paul Burst Conversion
Another Holy Grail Alert from BMVG!
This instrument began its transformation 15 or so years ago as an unbroken, stripped faced 1953 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top. After seeing what was under the gold the owner made the call to send her off to Jim at Jam City to be converted to 59 Burst specs.
We bought this guitar (less most of the parts) directly from Jim, who gave us access to his photo bucket of the entire conversion process of this instrument as well as the original Jam City COA.
This Les Paul is 100% all original 1953 wood and much, much more; note the slightly off center seam and barely visible 3rd piece on this top.
This instrument again retains all of its original 1953 wood, including the Brazilian board, inlays, bindings, tuners, back plates, holly veneer; note the placement of the logo which was intentionally not moved, this logo placement is 100% correct for a 53...
Lot's of folks claim it, but in this case it is clear as day...
This is the closest you could ever hope to get to a Burst for well under 100k.
This Burst conversion has 99% 50's parts; every single screw, every bit of plastic with the one and only exception of the pickup rings, which are masterfully aged OTP rings.
Here's the rundown!
- 50's Short seam stop tailpiece
- 50's No wire ABR-1 with original milled saddles, posts & thumb wheels all in excellent condition
- 50's Amber Bonnet Knobs
- Original 53 wiring harness & switch plate
- 1959 Centralab pots & 50's Bee's
- Original jack plate
- 50's Catalin switch tip
- 53 Tuners with original tips - perfect functionality
- Original back plates
- Long Magnet Zebra PAF in the Neck - 7.6
- Long Magnet MONSTER Double White PAF in the Bridge - 8.8
- Original 53 pick guard modified to accommodate PAFs
- 5 Latch Gibson badged 59 Burst Case
This little lady comes in at 8.6 lbs and has a perfectly round 50’s neck profile measuring .88 @ the 1st and .97 @ the 12th.
Super easy to bond with and has very modest shoulders.
Call, email, reach out anytime for more info!