Max Burst Replica - Peter Baranet
On the block is a super rare and incredibly collectable instrument, a 59 Max Burst!
As you most likely know Peter "Max" Baranet was THE replica builder for decades having built guitars for many huge names in music; Slash, Tom Petty, Eddie Van Halen, Zakk Wylde & Jeff Beck to name a few...
This "Max" unlike so many others comes with a COA from Peter, which is huge.
Peter notes that it was built in the mid 80's as a Sunburst 59, repainted (top only) per his clients request to Gold in 2003. We had the guitar re-finished (again top only) back to Sunburst with light "aging", we decided on a Jimmy Page Vibe! We feel it suits the guitar perfectly. We also decided to only put about 1/4 of the amount of lacquer that Gibson normally does, this of course helps in allowing the guitar to project like no other but will also speed up the natural relic'ing/play wear process.
One of the many things that make Max Bursts a cut above; is the use of true old wood.
Back in the 80's Peter was sourcing wood that was going back 70 + years and of course using necks, bodies and parts from vintage Gibsons. The fretboard and inlays on this instrument are from a 62 Gibson SG, as an example. Ok enough history, on to the bullet points...
- 1963 PAT's 7.5 N & 7.9 B (1st Generation) no different than 61 & 62 PAF's less the stickers!
- 62 Brazi fretboard as mentioned above!
- 1961-3 wire ABR-1 Bridge!
- 1958-62 short seam stop tailpiece, thumb wheels, posts & studs!
- 50's Catalin Switch tip
- 50's Kluson Tuners with Original Tips (no line)
- 8.2 lbs an Amazing weight
- all other plastics are aged and look incredible
- Neck Profile is .85 - .96 with very modest shoulders
This is a monster Burst replica, don't hesitate to reach out!
Stop by and see us @ the show - Guit-Arlington! Oct 14-16th!